Community managers look constantly for ways to make online communities grow and to increase social network engagement of their members.
Here are 10 action items from “The State of Online Branded Communities.” It’s a study of how big brands are handling community performance, member engagement, and social media integration. Find details in the full post at the link below.
1. It’s Time to “Do Both” Social and Community
2. Avoid Stale Content like the Plague
3. Answer the Phone
4. Think Creatively When Building Customer Communities
5. Implement Leaderboards
6. User Reviews are Key
7. Find and Foster Your Brand Advocates
8. Offer a Cohesive Experience
9. Review what’s Working and Make Adjustments
10. Offer User Personalization
“Many brands continue to define Facebook as their community and point to the number of fans or likes as an indicator of community success. Yet countless studies have concluded that ‘likes’ are NOT equivalent to ‘relationships with customers.’ In reality, a social-only strategy is an incomplete line of attack, as is a ‘branded community-only’ approach.”
–The State of Branded Online Communities, ComBlu, November 2012